Here at the house on a Saturday morning, Mac the terrier sitting on the couch next to me, endearingly gazing up with his chin resting on my knee - but he can't fool me, all he wants is my bagel. Jason's off playing soccer this morning. I'm at home trying to get over this nasty flu/cold thing...I'm glad I don't have to teach again until Thursday morning because of a class time swap with Syntax. Hopefully I can rest up and kick this thing. Jason had it last week and took a few days to get over...
Jason's been enjoying his coursework for the most part - it's nice to have it be theoretical and practical things that directly ties to our real work. I'm enjoying teaching too...I love the topic of sociolinguistics, which makes it fun to review and prepare for class.
Julia and Christie safely arrived in El Salvador on Wednesday - please keep them in your prayers. Holly is working away on getting the Honduras report submitted to the electronic survey reports so anyone can access it, and I'm working away on doing the same with Christie and my Jamaica report. Uruguay and Panama background research is also underway for upcoming surveys for this fall...none of it may be moving along as fast as each of us hopes, but it is moving, so that's good.
No comments:
Post a Comment