This journal's purpose is to be a space where we share our own thoughts, opinions and experiences with those interested in our story.
It is not meant in any way to serve as a representation of any group with which we work or are affiliated.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Generous Orthodoxy

I just finished reading "A Generous Orthodoxy" by Brian McLaren. Remember a few weeks ago when I couldn't find words and I used Bono's instead? Well, reading this book felt like putting the pictures and themes and feelings in my mind into words again. I'd really recommend this book. Here's one of my favorite quotes from the chapters I read this morning:

"A thousand artists given a thousand years could never capture the world of wonders that surround me just now."

May we all learn to be exceedingly generous - especially during this season, but in every day of our lives.

No comments: