This journal's purpose is to be a space where we share our own thoughts, opinions and experiences with those interested in our story.
It is not meant in any way to serve as a representation of any group with which we work or are affiliated.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thyroid update

After a string of diagnostic procedures earlier this week, I have scheduled to take a radioactive iodine pill tomorrow at 2pm. The good news is that the dose is less than the first time I took it and I think there's been more prep-work to get the dosage right this time. It's also good that the timing all worked out so that I could get all this treatment done before leaving for speaker training a week from Sunday. Another good thing is that I get to stop this annoying low-iodine diet. The bad news is that my body is unhappy about the roller coaster ride my thyroid is on right now. Praying for it to stabilize relatively quickly as there's a lot on our plate.

*Sunday 13 March Update:
I took the pill and it's definitely doing something - I'm pretty wiped out and my throat is a little sore but otherwise I'm holding up fine. Enjoying being back on our normal diet - cheese and peanut butter being enjoyed more than normal! :) Jason's been a compassionate care-giver and my friend Cayley is in town to help with an ASL translation of our survey reports project. So glad for family and friends - thanks for your prayers!

No comments: