I've been remiss in blogging. Obviously so, since the last blog was 2 months ago! But these last 2 months have been fabulously good for us. We've spent a lot of time resting and thinking, wrapping up loose ends that periodically poke into our office, spending time with family and friends, reading good (and a few mediocre) books, and even did a 3.5 week temp job grading standardized exams for a little something else, and a little extra income.
This week we will be sending out important news about changes in our trajectory. I don't have enough words to describe just how excited we are about these changes and the smiles that come to our faces knowing that this step is exactly what we need to be doing right now. Often before someone is done with the step at hand, people are already asking about the next one. And we're doing this in our own lives too. But, in all honesty, we are basking in the freedom that comes with taking this one step but are unsure about what the next one will be! I think this maybe could be called "walking in faith" - at least I hope it is something that positive! We are sure that God will make the way clear and just need to be faithful with the here and now.
I'll send more news soon but just a little note to say that we are feeling the peace and joy of this Christmas season and this season in our lives as well. I've been reading a book by Henri Nouwen and was challenged by his words:
"True liberation is freeing people from the bonds that have prevented them from giving their gifts to others...It is hard for me to accept that the best I can do is probably not to give but to receive...but I am willing to live with the supposition that he who truly receives also gives. By receiving in a true and open way, those who give to me can become aware of their own gifts...This, to me, is what ministry and mission are all about. Ministry is entering with our human brokenness into communion with others and speaking a word of hope. This hope is not based on any power to solve the problems of those with whom we live, but on the love of God, which becomes visible when we let go of our fears of being out of control and enter into his presence in a shared confession of weakness."
In this season, may we live to empower others to recognize and share their gifts, gratefully be receivers instead of insisting on being the givers, make visible the hope of God's love by letting go of our deepest fears, and celebrate with humility having received through no merit of our own the best gift of all time: Jesus!
2 comments:
sounds like a great book! Truly to be FREE in Christ is to be FREE INDEED! - God,he and you are so right: there is no greater gift than Jesus Himself, active in our lives. We would love to keep on in prayer and support for you - thanks for the insightful notes, and congratulations and praises be to God for the work you've done to make HIM known among the unreached deaf in the world!
Life has been busy here too, but always good to hear from you two. And I KNOW He has you both frimly in His hands!
Post a Comment