And then to be a part of this - to see old friends and to see how God is using new ones - it really is a thrill! It's a good positively charged environment as we plan with the LETRA Chile team for sign language survey starting on Thursday but also think about how God is using us to identify partners with whom to work, languages that need translation, encourage deaf people that they can be empowered by God to do this work for their own people. We've been encouraged, too, that representatives from countries where we have not yet surveyed have approached us with requests to please come and help survey in their country!
For us this meeting is not only encouraging, it also allows us to gather survey information in the evenings and is leading to open doors for places we need to go in the future. The whole thing deserves a huge celebration! Not that it's all been easy...there have definitely been some bumps...but God is faithful.
Before we left, I mentioned that we were really encouraged by our church's service. One of the passages used has stuck with me through this trip: Do we truly worship? Living lives that pursue justice? Or do we stand and sing our songs, ignoring the oppressed - a worship that God does not accept. LET JUSTICE ROLL!
Amos 5:21-24
21 "I hate, I despise your religious festivals;
I cannot stand your assemblies.
22 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
I will have no regard for them.
23 Away with the noise of your songs!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.
24 But let justice roll on like a river,
righteousness like a never-failing stream!
1 comment:
Amen! Let justice ROLL!
Post a Comment