Here is Sammy. I have not much nice to say about Sammy right now because Jason was running errands when Sammy decided to wriggle out of his collar and make a run for it. Dawn was out getting some rhubarb with me and was on her feet to help but needed to stay with her son, so that left me chasing a leash-less, collarless dog who thought that we were playing tag or hide and seek or some other game but in reality I was desperately hoping he wouldn't get hit by a car (and about halfway through the pursuit secretly hoped he would). You know how I caught him? Someone started throwing rocks at him!! And he decided I was a safe place to go. Little did he know that I would drag him by the neck the 4 blocks home and stick him in the crate. About 10 minutes into his crate experience, I bet he was wishing he had picked the rock-pelting guy instead. Don't let his cute looks fool you!
This journal's purpose is to be a space where we share our own thoughts, opinions and experiences with those interested in our story.
It is not meant in any way to serve as a representation of any group with which we work or are affiliated.
It is not meant in any way to serve as a representation of any group with which we work or are affiliated.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Today's adventures
We took a day away from the office to tackle some home projects today. We felt very productive and got all but 1.5 "to do" items crossed off our list! Thanks to our neighbor, we have transplanted some rhubarb into our backyard - and moved our iris to make room for them. We've mowed and cleaned up the alley corner of our backyard. We planted two trees in our front yard. Washed windows. Put in new screens. Pulled out a dripping garbage compacter and put in a regular drain and pipes in our kitchen sink. Organized under our sink. Changed out an outlet where the garbage compacter switch used to be. Got started on fixing a hole in our ceiling where there had been water damage. Opened up our upstairs vents and cleaned them so we can get the outside cool Colorado air into our rapidly-getting-warmer upstairs rooms. And all of that was broken up by a mad dash after our escapee foster dog.
Here is Sammy. I have not much nice to say about Sammy right now because Jason was running errands when Sammy decided to wriggle out of his collar and make a run for it. Dawn was out getting some rhubarb with me and was on her feet to help but needed to stay with her son, so that left me chasing a leash-less, collarless dog who thought that we were playing tag or hide and seek or some other game but in reality I was desperately hoping he wouldn't get hit by a car (and about halfway through the pursuit secretly hoped he would). You know how I caught him? Someone started throwing rocks at him!! And he decided I was a safe place to go. Little did he know that I would drag him by the neck the 4 blocks home and stick him in the crate. About 10 minutes into his crate experience, I bet he was wishing he had picked the rock-pelting guy instead. Don't let his cute looks fool you!
Here is Sammy. I have not much nice to say about Sammy right now because Jason was running errands when Sammy decided to wriggle out of his collar and make a run for it. Dawn was out getting some rhubarb with me and was on her feet to help but needed to stay with her son, so that left me chasing a leash-less, collarless dog who thought that we were playing tag or hide and seek or some other game but in reality I was desperately hoping he wouldn't get hit by a car (and about halfway through the pursuit secretly hoped he would). You know how I caught him? Someone started throwing rocks at him!! And he decided I was a safe place to go. Little did he know that I would drag him by the neck the 4 blocks home and stick him in the crate. About 10 minutes into his crate experience, I bet he was wishing he had picked the rock-pelting guy instead. Don't let his cute looks fool you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Had to read the dog story for myself. Good job on the projects!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment