This journal's purpose is to be a space where we share our own thoughts, opinions and experiences with those interested in our story.
It is not meant in any way to serve as a representation of any group with which we work or are affiliated.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Brussels

We got to celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary in Brussels, Belgium! It was one of my favorite cities (don't ask how many I had on this trip ;) ) and we had a fabulous time celebrating love and God's gift to us of marriage and each other.

I first remember Jason introducing me to TinTin at a restaurant in Guatemala. He had read them as a kid in Africa. We went to TinTin's homeland and he was all over the place!

A sense of humor...but a little underwhelming after Michelangelo's sculptures...

I love waffles. But after the most amazing waffles I've ever had in my entire lift in Belgium, I am seriously ruined. Forever.

So we had fries in France and we had them in Belgium. And, for the record, Belgian fries are WAY better than French fries!
We visited the most amazing music museum. You walked up to the displays with a headset and plugged into the speaker and you could hear the instrument being played. 4 floors of musical genius.


View of Brussels

In front of the EU capital buildings, which now has a museum which I definitely recommend if you go to Brussels. As far as history and understanding current European politics is concerned, amazingly good and technologically advanced museum.

Belgium Trappist Beer. Need I say more? The Rochefort was my favorite. Jupiter beer is the Prague favorite and it was seriously good too. Belgian beers are not to be trifled with. But my favorite beer may not be on this table, actually. The original Budweiser on tap (before the US company stole the name and made really crappy beer). Really, really good.

In a park, before we went into the military museum in which we spent an hour but could have spent all day. European military history. Wow.


Inside the military museum. They must have had 2 thousand swords in this place. They didn't know what to do with them all so they stuck them in displays like this one. In fact, I don't think the museum knew what to do with a lot of their stuff. It was packed floor to ceiling, bursting to the gills with amazing artifacts.

1 comment:

Dad Parks said...

thanks for the pics. looks like the waffles would be worth the trip. Love Dad Parks